- The use of ISO 6164 Flanges has one disadvantage,the size of the Square Flange require a higher pitch between pipes due to the Flange Sizes. In order to reduce the distance between pipes, SAE introduced their own Standards which are now incorporated in to ISO 6162 for the 3000 psi and 6000 psi Static Pressure ranges respectively. SAE system depends on the same set of butt welding sleeves held together by a set of Split Flange and Solid Flange secured by Hex Bolts and Nut.
- Many a times , with the introduction of more corrosive fluids in piping systems, the total joint is not required to be of non -corrosive material, e.g. - Stainless Steel - SS only the sleeves which are wetted by the fluid are required to be of SS. This makes for an economical Joint.
- Square Flanges are designed as per ISO 6164 standards.
- Square Flanges are assembled with 4 bolts &nuts.
- Square Flanges are available in Steel & Stainless Steel MOC.
- Square Flanges are available in sizes up to 5 " NB to weld pipe.